Clearwater / Living Rivers Partnership
15 August 2016
Clearwater and Melbourne Water’s Living Rivers Program are partnering on a 6 months pilot project which aims to facilitate strategic networks, and share knowledge and results from the Living Rivers grant program.
The Living Rivers program has been providing Integrated Water Management grants to Local Government in the Melbourne area since 2006 - contributing over $11 million to 150 projects. The key program objectives are improved stormwater quality and reduced quantity, but also include enabling alternative supply options, flood mitigation, greening of open spaces and improved community amenity.
The partnership project will:
- engage with industry (in particular past, present and potential Living Rivers grant recipients) to explore:
- what type of information coming from Living Rivers projects Local Councils would like to share and what information they would like to receive;
- practical methods to gather this information during project inception and implementation
- deliver a range of capacity building activities linked to knowledge created from the Living Rivers projects
- evaluate and assess the most efficient options to recommend future directions.
If you are interested in this project you can:
- Share your opinion on knowledge brokering topics, methods and priorities by filling out this survey. Open until 25 August, 11PM.
- Participate in a range of networking and knowledge brokering activities (from September onwards) - keep an eye on the website and our next e-newsletter.